OSI SC-175 Acoustic Sound Sealant
$8.28 – $96.85
Sold individually in 28 ounces tubes.
OSI Green Series SC-175 Draft and Acoustic Sound Sealant is a non-flammable, latex-based sealant specially designed to reduce sound transmissions and drafts in all types of wall systems where the sound-rated assembly is required. GreenSeries SC-175 is paintable, remains flexible and adheres firmly to wood, metal studs, concrete, drywall and most other building materials.
OSI Green Series SC-175 Sealant can be used for commercial or residential renovations. Use it for exposed and unexposed applications at perimeter joints, floor and ceiling runners, cutouts in gypsum board, veneer plaster systems and other areas where a sound rated assembly is required. This sealant can also be applied or buttered around all electrical boxes and outlets, cold air returns, heating and air conditioning ducts and other equipment penetrating wall surfaces for increased acoustic performance.
- Adheres firmly to wood, metal studs, concrete, drywall, and most other building materials.
- Ultra low VOC formulation
- Easy clean-up with water
- Reduces draft and sound transmission
- Paintable and flexible (non-slumping white paste)
- Maintains Sound Transmission Class values
- VOC Compliant
- Designed for use on sound rated wall systems
- Reduces draft & sound transmission
- Permanently flexible
- Easy application & clean up
- UL classification R9732: UL 723
- Service temperature: -5°F (-21°C) to 170°F (77°C)
You may also like…
$159.99 – $462.07
Green Glue is a visco-elastic soundproofing compound that, when sandwiched between two layers of a rigid material, greatly reduces the amount of sound transmission through walls or ceilings and reduces the amount of noise generated from impacts on floors. Available in 28 ounces tubes or 5-gallon pails.
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound for acoustics is a unique technology that can benefit both new construction and renovation projects. Green Glue works by dissipating the vibrations caused by sound waves as they travel through ceilings, walls, and floors.
By dampening vibrations, Green Glue can reduce the amount of noise transferring from one side of the structure to the other. Green Glue works so well because it will always remain in a tacky state. Green Glue Noiseproofing compound will never dry out and become rigid.
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is fast and easy to apply. Just cut the tip, attach the nozzle, and Green Glue is ready to dispense using any standard quart-size caulk gun such as the Green Glue Tube Applicator. Apply Green Glue beads evenly over the entire back of the first layer of gypsum or sub flooring. Leave 3 inches on edge for handling. Install the second layer of gypsum or sub-flooring within 15 minutes, using proper screws and screw spacing.
- Applies in just minutes
- Improves sound transmission loss
- Helps block sound
- Superb low frequency attenuation
- Easy to apply
For applying Green Glue, we recommend purchasing the Green Glue Applicator Gun. This caulking gun is designed specifically for easy and precise application of Green Glue.
* * * Green Glue is not a fastening glue; it will not hold the two boards together, so additional fastening is required to keep boards in place. * * *